We had this very rainy Sunday morning and I was lazy. What a great chance to sit on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book. Life is good.
But, I needed some comfort food and my favourite soup came in mind. So I got my ingredients out of the freezer and let it thaw while I was enjoying my John Grisham book.
The soup is called Cheese soup and I could eat the whole pot by myself. For 4 Persons you need:
- 500gr minced beef (or beef and pork mixed)
- 2 onions - medium to big size - cut into smaller pieces
- 3 stalks of leek (I freeze mine cut into pieces to I can take as much as I like)
- 750 ml broth (chicken, beef, veggie - your choice)
- 300gr cream cheese
- Herb mix (I LOVE to use the one from Cochrane Family Farm in NS)
- Salt, Pepper, Paprika
- 2 tsp of Roasted Onion mustard
Heat some oil or butter in a pot and roast the onion pieces, leek and the meat until brown. Add the broth and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Add the herbs and the roasted onion mustard, wait another 2-3 minutes and add the cream cheese. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Enjoy with some garlic bread.
I hope you will like this soup as much as I.
Sabine - The Mustard Lady